Dull1° / 11° CDetails & further outlook
The Kalvarienberg is located to the north of the church. On this hill, a semicircular building with an open, triangular gable, accommodates the Crucification Group dating from around 1830: Jesus Christ on the cross with the two thieves, Mary, St. John and Mary Magdalene appear as supporting figures painted on wooden panels and presumably date from before the carving. The frescos painted in the style of Leopold Puellacher depict God the Father encompassed by clouds looking down on Jerusalem. The narrow, winding path leading to the Kalvarienberg originally contained eight station chapels in the form of wayside shrines, which were increased to 11 in 1989. Various local families maintain the chapels according to regulations agreed on 1 June 1841. In 1988 / 89, the inhabitants of Mösern helped restore the Kalvarienberg in a great communal effort
by working uncountable hours and with each family making substantial financial donations. Three chapels were added to the path leading to the Kalvarienberg. The first containing a Nazarene painting, 'Christ’s Farewell', by Maria Theresia Striegl dated 1899. The following chapels hold paintings by Prof. Heinrich with scenes from the passion. The old, existing frescoes were retained, and the paintings on asbestos-cement sliding from the individual stations were transferred to the foreground. By autumn 2007, the path up to the Kalvarienberg will also have been improved and will have been linked to the Peace Bell Walk and the centre of Mösern. The Kalvarienberg is also recorded in the EU atlas of Europe‘s Holy Mountains.