Sunny7° / 17° C Details & further outlook
Situated beside the roundabout on "Römerweg" (near the bypass road), the forest cemetery was created in 1947 as a last place of rest for 63 Jewish concentration camp prisoners, who were shot or who died from exhaustion and starvation in the Seefeld area while being transported from a concentration camp shortly berfore the end of the Second World War. A cenotaph in the top left-hand part of the cemetery serves as a memorial, both to the prisoners and to the soldiers who died in the military hospitals in Seefeld, who also found their last place of rest here. The "Waldfriedhof" later became Seefeld's municipal cemetery where the graves of such celebrated artists as writer Julius Kiener or poet Lilly van Sauter can be found. The cemetery is also home to the Monument of the Unborn Child.