Sunny10° / 29° C Details & further outlook
The Eagle Walk - long-distance hiking trail through the Tyrol and those stages which go through the Olympiaregion Seefeld
The eagle is the king of the skies and the Eagle Walk, offers a truly outstanding experience against a backdrop of majestic proportions. In Alpine terrain, so high you feel as though you can almost touch the sky, it runs through the entire province of Tyrol from East to West. When viewed from above the contours of the hiking route resemble the silhouette of an eagle
soaring high in the air with outstretched wings - hence the name of the route. The Eagle Walk, which comprises 33 stages through the entire province of Tyrol, covers a total distance of 413 kilometres and involves 31,000 vertical metres.
Those who enjoy the adventure of long-distance hiking will love the rich diversity offered by the Eagle Walk. Taking you through various mountain ranges, the route offers unique experiences at every stage. The route is suited to leisurely hikers who want to explore theregion on foot, as well as to experienced mountain climbers and Alpinists in pursuit of challenges and
summit triumphs. NB: Many of the stages do require Alpine experience, sure-footedness and a head for
The following Eagle Walk stages are, for the most part, located in the Olympiaregion Seefeld:
- Stages 9 & 10: ‘Lamsenjochhütte - Karwendelhaus’. For detailed information visit: www.tyrol.com/eagle-walk
- Stage 11: “Karwendelhaus - Hallerangerhaus/-alm”. For detailed information visit: www.tyrol.com/eagle-walk
- Stage 12: "Hallerangerhaus/-alm-Pfeishütte-Hafelekar-Nordkette Innsbruck“. For detailed informationen visit: www.tyrol.com/eagle-walk
- Stage 15: “Solsteinhaus - Leutasch/Ahrn”. For detailed information visit: www.tyrol.com/eagle-walk
- Stage 16: “Leutasch/Ahrn - Ehrwald”. For detailed information visit: www.tyrol.com/eagle-walk
Each stage of the walk has its own “fact sheet” which includes detailed information and route descriptions. The fact sheets, complete with GPS tracks, can be downloaded for free at www.tyrol.com/eagle-walkg on the relevant websites.
General information on the Eagle Walk can also be found on this website.