Rain shower8° / 18° C Details & further outlook
Mountain lift facilities
0 out of 4 in operation
17 out of 50 huts
The beauty of the Olympiaregion Seefeld - LIVE!Webcams
Located on a little hill at the western entrance to Seefeld is the town’s most famous landmark, the Seekirchl church.
Located in the centre of Seefeld, the pilgrimage church, which is dedicated to St. Oswald, ranks as one of the most famous places of pilgrimage in Tyrol. It owes its notoriety to the so-called ‘Miracle of the Host’ from 1384.
Created in 2000, the Stone Circle on Pfarrbichl hill was instigated by the Seefeld-born architect Michael Prachensky, together with Erich Keber and Seefeld’s priest Egon Pfeifer. The 14 Stations of the Cross are symbolic of the twelve apostles.
Ludwig Ganghofer, arguably one of the most-read German-language authors of his day, with many of his works made into films, spent more than 20 years of his life at his hunting lodge ‘Hubertus’ in the Gaistal valley. It was there that he wrote many of his works, including his most famous book ‘Das Schweigen im Walde’ (The Silence in the Forest).
The municipality of Leutasch has two churches and an astounding 18 chapels, as well as many other testimonies to the devout faith of its inhabitants, including some 80 wayside shrines and countless crosses on roadsides, pathways and mountain pastures.
Fences are an important element in our cultural landscape; they form part of our identity and they bear testimony to one of the oldest rural traditions.
The Calvary in Mösern is believed to have been created around 1830. On 1st June 1841, it was put in writing that local village families would take care of the maintenance of the little chapels.
A delightful little museum with collectors’ pieces dating from the 17th to the 20th century. Forestry, arable farming, ironworking and lots more besides are the main themes in the museum of farming. The historical exhibits give visitors an idea of just how strenuous harsh work must have been in earlier times, at altitudes of over 1,200 metres.
Reith‘s Cultural Walking Trail, with ten stops of interest along the way, leads from Reith to Leithen and back again. Along the cultural trail you can find a wealth of information about Reith’s historical monuments and about the village’s cultural highlights.
So-called ‘places of power’ are special sites which radiate positive energy, said to have both calming and invigorating effects. The village of Reith has many such places of spiritual power in the form of chapels, churches and wooden shrines set in the countryside.