Ganghoferlauf goes green!
GREEN EVENTS TIROL is an initiative of Klimabündnis Tirol and Umwelt Verein Tirol in cooperation with the province of Tyrol to promote an environmentally and socially responsible event culture.
The Ganghoferlauf has been a socially sustainable event for many years, especially thanks to the many categories in the children's and special area. This year, the sails have been set in the direction of ecological sustainability in order to gradually become a completely sustainable event.
The GREEN EVENTS TIROL event checklist is the basis for the Ganghoferlauf sustainability concept.
Here is a small excerpt of the measures that have already been successfully implemented as part of the Greenevent programme:
- Use of reusable cups and dishes
- Waste separation on all event sites and in all rooms (information on correct waste separation from Umweltverein Tirol)
- Best possible waste avoidance
- 50% vegan and vegetarian food
- Where possible, only regional food
- Free water and mineral water in the festival hall
- No single-use plastic
- Switch to digital registration and late registration
- Dispensing with the majority of printed materials
- Recycled paper and sustainable printing ink for existing printed materials
- Recycled napkins and sanitary paper
- Comprehensive information for guests about the measures at the event
- Promotion of travelling by public transport
We are proud that we have already received the GREEN EVENTS TIROL Basic award with the Ganghoferlauf 2024 and are full of endeavour and confidence that we will receive the GREEN EVENTS TIROL star award in the coming years.
Further information about GREEN EVENTS TIROL can be found here.