Showcase companies of the region
A total of eight plateau pioneers from the areas of nature parks, tourism associations and accommodation businesses are working with an expert for sustainable development (CSR/ESG) on an ambitious framework for sustainable development in the destination of Seefeld. By means of a very detailed analyzed CO2 footprint (GHG protocol, Scope 1-3), the direct and indirect greenhouse gases of all nine organizations are determined. Based on the analysis, a coordinated reduction plan (1.5 degree path) will be developed and defined for the next five and ten years. The respective reduction processes can be controlled and measured using measurable indicators (CO2 equivalents per year). Through targeted workshops in different areas from our SDG Compass and important hotel sectors (e.g.: food training), the businesses are optimally prepared for their improvement agendas, such as increasing the renewable energy mix, sustainable food and beverage offerings, green mobility, etc.
We are very pleased that the Naturhotel Aufatmen and the Biohotel Leutascherhof have already positively completed the audit for the Austrian Ecolabel as well as the EU Ecolabel!
Let's do it!
A Plateau Pioneer must...
- ... be awarded the Austrian Eco-label or be in the application process.
- ... have a CO2 footprint according to Scope 1-3 (not older than 3 years).
- ... have an individual mission statement, which must contribute to the following SDGs: SDG8 (Decent work and economic growth), SDG12 (Sustainable consumption/products), SDG13 (Climate protection), SDG15 (Biodiversity).
- ... pursue the following goals on mobility:
- ... by 2030, 15% of guests must travel by public transport.
- ... all points of the mobility checklist (TVB Seefeld) must be integrated on the website.
- ... a mandatory mobility survey (arrival/departure of guests) must be carried out for every guest.
- ... one has to create additional incentives for a public arrival and mobility on site.
- ... agree to actively participate in the Plateau Pioneers program for the next 5 years.
- ... define individual priority targets, based on the greatest CO2 savings potentials in one's own business.
STEP BY STEP FORWARD!