The Calvary Hill rises to the north of the church. Built around 1830, the semi-circular construction with triangular pediment houses a Calvary scene: Christ on the cross with the two thieves and the attendant figure of Mary. The painted two-dimensional figures of John the Evangelist and Mary Magdalene are probably somewhat older than the three-dimensional sculpted group.
The frescoes, in the style of Leopold Puellacher, depict Jerusalem and, in the clouds above the city, God the Father. Originally there were 8 wayside shrine-like chapels along the narrow, winding path that leads up to the Calvary - since 1989 there have been 11. On 1 June 1841, it was put in writing that the families from the village would take care of the maintenance of the little
chapel. In 1988/89, the inhabitants of Mösern collaborated to restore the Calvary, making both personal financial sacrifices and investing a great deal of the time and hard work in the process.
Three new chapels were created along the path that leads up to the Calvary. A Nazarene picture by Maria Theresia Striegel, ‘Der Abschied Christi’ (Christ taking leave of his Mother), from 1899 hangs in the first chapel.
Pictures with scenes depicting the Passion can be found