In the midst of impressive mountain worlds, the little cat's head rises 1,360 metres above sea level in Leutasch near Seefeld. At the top of the mountain, the idyllic Katzenkopf Hut welcomes guests all year round who enjoy hiking, skiing, tobogganing or simply relaxing. Our own small mountain railway makes the ascent to the hut easier and in winter makes several toboggan runs possible without ascent. Alternatively, you can walk or cycle along wide forest paths to the hut and enjoy regional delicacies and refreshments on the cosy sun terrace or in the tiny fireside lounge. Thanks to its own skiing area and modern children's playground, the Katzenkopf is particularly suitable for families, beginners and independent youngsters.
LOCATION & STARTING POINT
The Katzenkopf is easily accessible not far from Leutasch and is also served by public regional buses from Seefeld and Scharnitz (Katzenkopf bus stop). Alternatively, car drivers will find plenty of free parking spaces directly at the valley station of the mountain railway. The ascent to the Katzenkopf Hut is then either along wide gravel paths along the toboggan run or by cable car as the crow flies directly to the summit.
- Katzenkopf & Wildmoos. Year-round hike from Katzenkopf in Leutasch down through the Fludertal to Wildmoos. A walk around the idyllic Wildmoossee and from there back to the Katzenkopf.
To the hike
- Bike tour Katzenkopf. Demanding but entertaining (E-)bike tour from the Leutasch information centre on a varied route through the Fludertal valley and from there to the Katzenkopf. Take a short break at the Katzenkopf Hut, enjoy the mountain panorama with refreshments and then descend to Leutasch via the forest road.
To the bike tour
- Wildmoos & Hochmoos. Medium-difficulty circular hike from Seekirchl in Seefeld via the Wildmoosalm to Hochmoss and on to the Katzenkopf. Take a first rest here and then hike via Neuleutasch and the Triendlsäge (second rest, absolutely delicious) back to Seefeld.
To the hike
- Wurzelsteig & Weidach. Year-round hike, especially beautiful in winter and with children and family. From the Weidachsee lake via Weidach to the Wurzelsteig junction. Follow the Wurzelsteig to the Katzenkopf toboggan run and then the toboggan run up to the Katzenkopf hut.
To the hike
- Natural toboggan run Katzenkopf. Two and a half kilometres long natural toboggan run at the Katzenkopf. The family-friendly ascent from the car park at the valley station takes about forty minutes and can also be shortened comfortably via the mountain railway. If you don't bring your own toboggan, you can simply rent one at the valley station. On Tuesdays, the toboggan run and ski slope are also illuminated at night.
To the natural toboggan run