Search for accommodation
 
 

The name of the settlement "Sevelt" (Feld am See), first mentioned in a document in 1022, was probably determined by the existence of the wild lake at that time. During the reign of Emperor Maximilian, a species of fish was used which gave the lake its "second" name (Lampretensee). However, the economic use of the lake was limited to a few decades. It contributed and continues to contribute to the beauty of the Seefeld plateau and is today a popular bathing lake with its two swimming pools. The southern shore of the lake with the Reither Moor has been a nature reserve since 1926 due to its botanical features.

Contact

Der Wildsee